Your privacy is important to us. This privacy statement provides information about the personal information that we collect through Wanna Hang and the ways in which we use that personal information.
Personal Information Collection
We collect and use the following personal information: your first name, your last name, your date of birth, your gender, your profile description, your phone number, your email address, your profile photo, your location and your chat communication with other users. We may also collect any additional information you choose to give us when you communicate with our company.
Use of Personal Information
We may use your personal information to administer the Wanna Hang app, its services and features (hereinafter referred to as the “Service”, personalize the Service for you, enable your access to and use of our Service and send you marketing communications. We never share any information about you to other users other than what you specifically and willfully choose to share through the user preferences of this Service.
If we disclose your personal information to our agents or sub-contractors for any of the purposes listed above, the agent or sub-contractor in question will be obligated to use that personal information in accordance with the terms of this privacy statement.
In addition to the disclosures reasonably necessary for the purposes identified elsewhere above, we may disclose your personal information to the extent that it is required to do so by law, in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings, and in order to establish, exercise or defend its legal rights.
How we use your location information and what other users of the service know about your location information
On an ongoing basis, we collect your location information in the form of GPS Coordinates. We do so in order to provide and administer this Service. At no time do we provide other users of this Service with the ability to obtain or retrieve your GPS Coordinates. At no time do we provide other users of this Service with the ability to view you on a map. You may, at any time, prevent us from collecting your location information by altering your Privacy Settings on your device.
The only information other users of the Service know about your location is whether or not you are near to them. We define “near” as being less than 1,500 feet. Only other users of this Service are told you are near to them, and other users of this service are only told you are near to them at your sole discretion.
We don’t knowingly collect personal information from children under 13
Wanna Hang is not intended for children under the age of 13 and we do not knowingly collect information from children under this age through the service, nor do we knowingly permit children under the age of 13 from registering for the Service.
The information we collect from you enables participation in the Service
- Registration. During the registration process, you will be asked to set up a user name and password. You should not use any personally identifiable information as your user name, as this user name will be visible to others on the service. You will be asked to provide your email address to be used for recovering your username and/or password.
- Surveys and Feedback: We may collect personal information in connection with surveys or other activities that allow you to give us feedback.
- Service Management: We may collect information through technology for routine system administration purposes, to make our service more interesting and useful to you or to manage content delivery.
- Email Communication from You: If you contact us by email we use the email address only to respond to your specific request.
- Mail Communication from You: If you want to contact us by mail, and we provide a submission form for such communication, you may do so using such submission form. The submission form may ask for your user name.
- Chatting on the Service. When using chat through the service, members type in messages to other messages. This information is securely stored on our servers. We only disclose this information to the extent that it is required to do so by law, in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings, and in order to establish, exercise or defend its legal rights.
Use of personal information is limited
TeliApp collects personal information for the following reasons:
- To provide you with the service you have requested, including processing in-app purchasing;
- To better understand you, to allow us to serve you better through enhanced features, customer service and directed promotional efforts of particular interest;
- To properly investigate and respond to any complaints, questions or concerns you may have about the service; and
- To determine your eligibility for the service.
If you opt in to receive offers, promotions or other information from TeliApp, your information will be used to provide you with promotional offers for TeliApp products and/or services that we believe may interest you and to solicit your opinion on our products and services. If you have opted in to receive these offers, we may also use your personal information to ensure that your contact information is accurate and up to date. TeliApp does not collect, use or disclose your personal information for app behavioral advertising purposes.
In addition to this inter-corporate sharing, TeliApp may disclose personal information to third parties as follows:
- To Third Parties To Perform Processing and Other Specialized Services: At times, TeliApp may use outside organizations to perform specialized services such as, but not limited to, legal and security audits, payment processing, data analysis, e-mail delivery. These service providers are only given the information needed to perform those services and they are bound contractually to protect the confidentiality, privacy and security of your information and to limit the use of your information to the service being provided.
- To Third Parties in the Event of Legal Reasons: We advise you that we may disclose personal information to the government or other legal or regulatory authorities (i) if so ordered by a court of law or (ii) for other legal reasons, such as (a) to comply with legal process such as a search warrant, subpoena or court order; (b) to protect the company’s rights and property; (c) to investigate reports of fraud or of users sending material using a false email address or users sending harassing, threatening, or abusive messages; (d) to protect against what we believe in our sole and absolute discretion to be a misuse or unauthorized use of the service; or (e) in emergencies, such as when we believe our or our affiliate’s integrity requires protection or someone’s physical safety is at risk. In some cases, disclosure may be required by law to be without notice to you.
- To a Third Party in the Event of a Significant Transaction or Other Event: In the case of any significant transaction or event involving TeliApp or any of its related entities or divisions such as, by way of example, a sale, merger, amalgamation, financing, re-organization, liquidation, or insolvency, other parties to the transaction and their professional advisors may need to have access to TeliApp’s customer lists and various databases as part of the due diligence process. In this event, TeliApp would only provide such access under terms of a strict confidentiality agreement. Also, upon completion of the transaction or event, your personal information would be transferred to TeliApp’s successor-in-interest to be used only for the purposes for which it was collected.
We take steps to protect personal information
TeliApp has implemented physical, electronic, technical, organizational and administrative measures to protect your information from error, loss and/or unauthorized access. For example, we use industry-standard efforts, such as passwords and firewalls to safeguard the confidentiality of your personal information contained on our servers. In addition, our employees and any third parties we use are contractually bound to protect the confidentiality of your information and access is restricted to those with a need to know the information to carry out the identified purpose.
We keep personal information for a reasonable period of time only
We keep your information for a period reasonably necessary to meet the purposes for which it was collected, for the security of TeliApp and the service or to protect users, the public or third parties and to comply with any legal requirements, including statutory retention periods and corporate best practices.
Protect your personal information from disclosure on social communication networks
Please note that any information that you submit to other users through the use of the service can be read, collected and/or used by others. Your passwords should be both easy to remember, but hard to guess and not shared with anyone. You should not access your account from a smartphone device that is not yours in order to avoid the unauthorized accessing of your account. Please note that TeliApp is not responsible for information that you choose to share with others nor is it responsible for anyone accessing your account through the use of your passwords or otherwise.
You have control over your personal information
You have control over certain items of information you share with other users of the service. The only items that are shared with other users by default are your profile picture, your screen name, your last name and your age. Your date of birth is never disclosed or displayed to other users, and the service does not give the capability to do so. All other items, including your last name, email address, phone number and your profile description have the option of being shared with other users and you control this option at all times.
Under California Civil Code Section 1798.83 (also known as S.B. 27 or the “Shine the Light” law), if you are a California resident and your business relationship with TeliApp is primarily for personal, family, or household purposes, you may request certain data regarding TeliApp’s disclosure, if any, of personal information to third parties for the third-parties’ direct marketing purposes.
To make such a request, please please email us with “Request for California Privacy Information” in the subject line; you may make such a request up to once per calendar year. If applicable, we will provide you, by email, a list of the categories of personal information disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year, along with the third parties’ names and addresses. Please note that not all personal information sharing is covered by S.B. 27’s requirements.
Cross Border Data Transfers
You can ask privacy questions by contacting us
Certain jurisdictions may require that we provide a copy of the personal information we have on file about you or your child. If your jurisdiction requires this, unless otherwise required by applicable law, all requests for a copy of the personal information we have on file about you, and requests to delete such information, must be made in writing and by postal mail addressed to: Privacy Officer, TeliApp, 340 West Saint George’s Street, Suite 3051, Linden, NJ 07036, USA. TeliApp may require that you identify yourself to our satisfaction. In the event that you are unable to identify yourself or your legal rights to obtain your personal information we have on file, TeliApp may, consistent with applicable law, decline to provide this information. If we so decline, we will provide the reason(s).